Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Long Time No See!

     Hello there! Well, it's certainly been a while hasn't it... 4 months to be exact.

     Things kind of slowed down from January to April. The weather stayed gray and gloomy for far too long and it seemed to have reflected onto my spirits. I fell into a routine which became so normal to me that I felt no need to write about it. But now the sun is shining, the ocean is sparkling, and happiness is in the air! This month I've been through some amazing experiences and I am ready to share them! 
     A couple weeks ago, Rotary organized an exchange student weekend in Iglesias, Sardinia, for all the Italy inbounds who live on the island. It was amazing seeing all my worldwide friends on the island again! We had two full days to spend on the famous Sardinian beaches, and even visited a mineral mine! That's a check off of my bucket list! It was our last RYE reunion until the Tour of Europe, which not everybody is going on. It's really strange to think how little time we have left, and knowing that we need to make the most of it!


     On to more current news - last weekend my host- mom and sister (Giovanna and Giulia) and I flew to Rome! I brought along with me one of my best friends Regina! ... I have no words to explain how amazed and enchanted I was by Rome. Perhaps charmed is the correct word? It was my third time visiting Rome...but something about this time around. Walking around with free time, no limitations or schedules to follow, and being with a friend just made the experience amazing. Rome is an astonishing place. An open museum in a city as they say. The art, the sculptures, the classic and original architecture and Italian streets, are just mind blowing. I fell in love with Rome, and no doubt left a piece of my heart there - meaning I'm just going to have to return every once in a while to check in. 
      Regina and I spent an entire day alone at the Colosseum. We ate an Italian lunch sitting on the wall across from it. She worked on some things for school, I listened to music, and we both got lost in our thoughts staring at the ancient roman building. It's amazing how you can sit and stare at a piece of architecture for an entire day, and still want to go back and do it over and over again. 
     Our second day in Rome Regina and I were joined Giulia and Giovanna. We spent our day roaming around and admiring Trevi Fountain, the Spanish Steps, and Piazza Venezia. I can honestly say that Rome truly is one of the most beautiful cities in the world. And I've gained a new appreciation and passionate love for Rome. 


     As of right now, I have returned back home to my beloved Sardinia. And I am finally getting to experience the summer weather on this breathtaking island. I need to cherish every moment I have left here. 3 more weeks left with my wonderful family, friends, and the most beautiful beaches in the world before I depart for the Euro Tour. 
     I'll be writing again soon! 

  ~Nicole Solomon xoxo
   

No comments:

Post a Comment